In this short blog post I‘ll try to summerize what goes into the process of adding a unit to the data base. It’s a rather detailed list and there‘s several steps involved as follows.
- Look up the Unit in the Book
- Search for the unit and unit insignia on my computer
- Open all files in Photoshop
- Resize the unit insignia to 200×200 px and save it
- Resize the mech file and save it
- Crop the mech file to a 16:9 format and save it
- Create a new post
- Add the mech repaint
- Add the insignia
- Fill in the title
- Copy text template and paste it into the new one
- Copy the unit color description paste it into the new post
- Look up the unit on sarna and create a link in the new post.
- Look up the unit on camospecs and create a link in the new post.
- Add the Thumbnail image
- Fill in the fields for SEO
- Mark all necessary categories
- Fill in all necessary tags
- Check and correct any mistakes
All in all I’d say it takes around 10-15 minutes give or take, per unit. So, that’s roughly 4 units per hour.
I guess it will take a while until unit are online.